July 15, 2017

Smiles Sent Saturday~7/15/17

I thought I'd try to go through some of the photos I took of mail I sent earlier this year, and share some of the envelopes here.  I take photos of pretty much everything I mail.  In part for this blog, but mainly to be able to look back at for inspiration and encouragement.
I'm not the best artist, but I think this turned out pretty cheerful & colorful for a new years card...and it went to a great aunt, who I'm pretty sure probably always views me a little as a little girl, so anything I draw will be great!  😊

This card had kind of abstract flowers, so it was easy to come close.  Also one of the first times I used those cool "From me to you" stamps!


St. Patrick's Day envelope, simple but fun.

Had fun picking vintage stamps to match the color scheme of this card.  I then tried to mirror the card design on the envelope, so I'm sharing an up-close photo of the card and envelope design side by side.

 I really enjoy using metallic markers...so cool looking!  This card had a metallic, scalloped edge, so the card got the same thing, and wrote the name in a metallic pen, too! 

The name “Smiles Sent Saturday” denotes my hope these things I mailed made the people who got them smile.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts-comments will appear after moderation!