December 19, 2015

Smiles Sent Saturday~12/19/15~Christmas packages & mail

Here's some Christmas themed mail I've sent lately:
 This paper had a horn on it, so I decided to go with musical stamps.


 I thought this turned out cute for how simple it was.
 This was for a card that had purple on it with a scene of the shepherds. 
 I added a label in part to be sure the machines could read the address.
 For years our family has baked a number of different kinds of cookies to share.  Since most of our family lives out of state, that involves some mailing.  I was thrilled to get these "Mailboxes" on clearance last year-so cute and appropriate!   And they fit just right in Regional Rate A Priority mail boxes which is the cheapest way for me to mail them.
 Even found zipper sealed bags to match!  

I even had a few coordinating stickers to put on some of the boxes which I also decorated with patterned tape.
We ended up mailing more then I planned on/purchased for, but my sister lined one of the boxes with tissue paper put in some shreds, then we packed the cookies in zippered bags-too cute!

And finally...I was thrilled to get this postmark!!!  I had seen about special postmarks, but never done it or seen one in person.  So when we got this from a family member who's not all that in to mail I was surprised and excited!  ...and dashed off a quick note to let her know.

Now on to one last letter, then new year cards!  I have the envelope for the letter decorated and it came out SO cute with the new Charlie Brown stamp, I hope to share it latter, but not before it arrives ;)

The name “Smiles Sent Saturday” denotes my hope these things I mailed made the people who got them smile.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts-comments will appear after moderation!