April 4, 2015

Smiles Sent Saturday~April 4, 2015

I finally took the plunge and tried mailing something entirely "outside the box" last week.  And the report is...it worked! :)  


It was a filled Easter egg

















This is it empty.  I picked it up a few years ago on clearance at CVS.  It had some sort of candy...maybe M&M's which we used at the time.  I'd been planning to mail it, but just finally go around to trying it this year.


This is what went in.  I was able to the candy for free at CVS recently, if you'd like to know more about getting things free or cheap at CVS, check out my other blog SimplyCVS.  I picked up the other things at local dollar type stores.  So, it wasn't a very expensive project, but I picked out things I knew the recipient would enjoy, and I think it worked out great.


I addressed it on this side, the bottom, it was a nice flat place.  I taped it up well, probably too well-haha!  I didn't put a return address for fear it would-with the odd shape be confusing... I printed out the recipient's address as well and taped it inside the clear top incase the written one got smeared, hard to read, or overlooked


I had a nice pinwheel card that matched nicely.  I was so glad to hear from who I sent it to that it had safely arrived and she liked it!


The name “Smiles Sent Saturday” denotes my hope these things I mailed made the people who got them smile.



1 comment:

Please feel free to share your thoughts-comments will appear after moderation!