March 7, 2015

Smiles Sent Saturday~March 7, 2015

I try to sen mail to my parents aunts (their uncles have all passed) every month or so, when possible using the excuse of a holiday major, minor, or...  So, this month that means notes on green shamrock cards.  The front of the cards is, itself a shamrock shaped cutout.  So, I decided for the envelopes to trace it.  Then I played around some, here's some of the results:

This was the first one, I used the lighter marker as it used less ink, and I was afraid too much might weakened the envelope.  But I didn't really like how it looked, so after a couple, I switched to using only the permanent marker.


I had fun doing different angles, amount colored in, green stamps, etc. 


This is another envelope I sent before LetterMo


Have you blogged about something mail related lately?  I'd love to read it, please link up below


The name “Smiles Sent Saturday” denotes my hope these things I mailed made the people who got them smile. 

2 comments:

  1. Sarah, that last envelops is just lovely!

    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ruth! It's funny, it didn't turn out as well as I pictured, so was a little disappointed, but the recipient and my mom who saw it before it was mailed just loved it!

      Delete

Please feel free to share your thoughts-comments will appear after moderation!