January 3, 2015

Smiles Sent Saturday~January 3, 2015

A new year, means New Years cards, here's how some of my envelopes turned out this year, I tried to match them to the theme of the cards enclosed.  I thought it was interesting how I ended up using stamps of 5 different designs!

This card had a group of animals around a tree, so this is their tracks in the snow getting to the tree.

The card a pocket watch-super easy to make with a round stencil


This is how trees were depicted in the winter scene on the card


I especially liked how this one came out!  The card had trees and a house on a hill in the background.  I'm really loving using the silver Sharpie for snow!  


This ribbon was also on the card


A sunset scene mirroring the card.  In addition to black and silver markers I used highlighters to make the sky.


A stenciled and slightly added to snowflake.


This was for the same card as the first envelope, but to a different recipient, I did the tree I figured out how to draw easily this year.  To see a tutorial on how to easily draw a pine tree.


Be sure to check back next week when I hope to have a report on a fun way I mailed something to celebrate the new year...


The name “Smiles Sent Saturday” denotes my hope these things I mailed made the people who got them smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts-comments will appear after moderation!