November 9, 2013

Smiles Sent Saturday~November 9

Thanksgiving cardsWe got the last of our Thanksgiving cards out today.  We sent a total of 15.  This is something of an increase over past years.  We are trying to send cards to all seven of my parents’ aunts.  In the past we’d just sent cards to the one or two we were closest to.  My grandmother lives with us and it always seems to brighten her day when she gets a card from one of her nieces or nephews.  So, we decided to try to do that for our aunts (now, just to be clear, we’re not leaving the uncles out, it’s just that, sadly, there are no uncles left).  I’d like to encourage my readers to think of a couple elderly family members or friends they could add to their mailing list, or even if you don’t send many holiday cards, do it for them.  They can be quite lonely, and I’m sure it would brighten their day to be remembered, especially as with their age, mail may mean more to them.  Well, now I’ll get off my soap box and share some of the envelopes I sent (and hope none of the recipients stumble across them here, first.)
Envelope decorated with stamp
A number of the envelopes this year were colored
Envelope
Or brown (which I guess is a color) which I found nice as a simple rubber stamp…
Envelope decorated with lable
…or label was enough to make it look special.
Pumpkin Envelope
On some others plain ones I used a marker to draw either my old, standby, pumpkin…
Fall barries envelope
and some fall branches.

If you’d like to see more, you can see my old posts Thanksgiving Envelopes 1 & Thanksgiving Envelopes 2

The name “Smiles Sent Saturday” denotes my hope these things I mailed cause the people who receive them to smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts-comments will appear after moderation!