November 16, 2013

Smiles Sent Saturday~November 16

This week’s a little different.  In stead of something I mailed through the Postal Service.  This is about the shoeboxes I sent through Operation Christmas Child.
Operation Christmas Child
Our family packed  nearly a dozen boxes and we’ll be packing 100+ more with our church.  My mom is posting on her blog Simply Shoe Boxes about our “Spur of the Moment OCC Packing Party”.  But I thought I’d share photos of the 4 I packed.
The first one was for a 2 to 4 year old boy:IMG_9609
I hope he likes dinosaurs!
This next one is for 5 to 9 year old girl
IMG_9617
It is a penguin themed one, I’ve use this theme a number of years

The next two were for 10-14 year old girls
IMG_9614
This one is, as I’m sure you can tell, a a snowman themed one
IMG_9620
And finally a pink/purple one.
IMG_9623
For it I used fancy scissors to cut around the “Follow Your Box” label for added decoration.


The name “Smiles Sent Saturday” denotes my hope these things I sent (normally mailed) made the people who got them smile. 

1 comment:

Please feel free to share your thoughts-comments will appear after moderation!