December 5, 2011

Christmas Hutch

Christmas hutchIn the past I’ve looked at the date for Christmas linkys I’ve thought, “But I’m not all decorated by then”.  Well, this year since we didn’t get to make the trip to visit family for Thanksgiving, and wanted to be ready early since I had my wisdom teeth out last week, we were almost completely decorated before December came around.  This is the hutch just inside our main door.  It’s supposed to be a staging area, but I’ve been keeping it pretty decorated for holidays this year (Valentines Day, St. Patrick's Day, Easter, Summer, & Thanksgiving) so that hasn’t worked out to well.  The runner is the same one I used for Valentines (it’s the back of the one I used for Thanksgiving.). The sleigh is where we put the cards we receive until they are open and hung in their place (we tend to open the cards together as a family).  This is the nativity scene is one I picked up a few

years ago at Belk's @ 75% off after Christmas clearance and nativity and booksused under the tree last year the cave is a separate piece that I bought to use for Easter, but discovered fit this well, too. I was so excited when I found two Christmas books that not only matched the color scheme, but each other to add in there.doll and candlesThe tower of gifts came from one of those gift baskets we received a few years ago, I need to see if I can find a ribbon that matches the rest of this better.  The photo college is family photos from last holiday season that I’ve used in a number of decorations this year.  The small candle is one I’ve used with various embellishments this year.  The doll is a gift from a friend at church years ago, I need to adjust how she’s standing to hide the flower basket behind the boxes.  One of the best things about this hutch is it didn’t cost anything this year. 


This is the total hutch:

Christmas hutch

You can also see my other mantel replacement – the top of my china cabinet.

I’m linking up to:

From My Front Porch to Yours: 2011 Holiday Mantel Party

Southern Hospitality: Holiday Home Linky Mantel Party

Holiday
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts-comments will appear after moderation!