April 23, 2011

Kitchen decorated for Easter

Easter Hutch

Well, here’s the kitchen decorated for Easter. This i main hutch in our kitchen . The basket on the top is an egg basket from my Grandmother’s dairy farm. The eggs in the basket are the ones my sister and I hunted as a child. The jelly beans in the jar at the far right were free from CVS and I found the jar on the old farm we bought. The books at the bottom right are all about Easter or Good Friday (the others are cookbooks). If you want to see any of these parts in more detail, you should be able to click on the photo at right to blow it up.

Now for up-close photos of some of the parts:

This cross in the top, closed part of the hutch, was crocheted by my great-grandmother. The butterfly reminds me of new life and the pin

belonged to my Grandmother, and I’m glad that just like for Valentines andSt. Patrick's Day I’m able to use one of her pins to decorate candles for Easter.


Cross and Butterfly


Also in the top part of the hutch are these eggs that my Grandfather brought back from a mission trip to, I believe, the Ukraine.Ukraine Easter Eggs

This part is especially meaningful to me. The photos are of my grandparents who have died. The verse in the frame between them and the figurine of the resurrection is a passage from 1 Thessalonians 4 speaking of the resurrection of the dead in Christ and those of us who are alive being together with them in heaven forever.

Those who are His

Law and sacrifice

In another corner of the kitchen I have these reminders of the Old Testament Law, as to me, Easter is the counterpart to Good Friday, and Good Friday is the fulfillment of Passover.

On the other side of the door I have these figurines representing the garden of Gethsemane and Easter morning.

In the Garden

I have also put a post up about our living room decorated for Easter.

I’m linking up to:

http://www.inthiswonderfullife.com/2011/04/my-easter-decor-w-linky-for-yours.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts-comments will appear after moderation!